An Idea That Popped in My Mind

Shoutbox
  1. ws @ ws:
    conspiracy theories part 2 will be out tonight
  2. blake_won @ blake_won:
  3. blake_won @ blake_won:
    So conspiracy theories part 2 huh? I'm looking forward to it.
  4. ws @ ws:
    PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE A THREAD
  5. ws @ ws:
    hanad is a black male blake ):
  6. blake_won @ blake_won:
    Is that yet another empty promise? We were promised Hanad, but we did not receive what we were promised. I have yet to lose hope. They say without the dark we wouldn't see the stars and Hanad, Hanad, she shines bright like the moon. The chronicles of an almond drinker episode 2? Conspiracy theories part 2?
  7. ws @ ws:
    i wanna make a leah vlogs thread
  8. ws @ ws:
    how do i make a thread
  9. ws @ ws:
    UR SO NICE
  10. Tjay @ Tjay:
    that's all you @ws, ever since you join GG, it's been blessed with your memes :^)
  11. RaGeKiLlEr @ RaGeKiLlEr:
    Cya
  12. RaGeKiLlEr @ RaGeKiLlEr:
    Ima log on later
  13. RaGeKiLlEr @ RaGeKiLlEr:
    I gave your proof @blake_won
  14. ws @ ws:
    farid ur one of the best people on this website
  15. Tjay @ Tjay:
    You can't spell quarantine without "U R A Q T"
  16. Fury @ Fury:
    😍
  17. elzar @ elzar:
    Hope the community is doing well this evening
  18. Crooked @ Crooked:
    these changes shouldve been made a long time ago
  19. Crazy @ Crazy:
    Just american problems i guess
  20. Crazy @ Crazy:
    Whats it like to go into poverty because you wanted a baby/broke a leg
  21. Tjay @ Tjay:
    act up u gon get clapped up @xay
  22. xay @ xay:
    fucking canucks
  23. Vindictive @ Vindictive:
    hey rage
  24. RaGeKiLlEr @ RaGeKiLlEr:
    Hey guys
  25. Zixler @ Zixler:
  26. T @ thruman:
    just a bunch of fucking canadians........
  27. franky @ franky:
    we have starwars
  28. Jules @ Jules:
    what is even girl gamers without games???
  29. T @ thruman:
    @Zixler you sure she's a teacher for dyslexics...and not schizophrenics?
  30. nick @ nick:
    hello @friend @dominic how are you on this fine day :)
  31. nick @ nick:
    we hate white people in this community
  32. elzar @ elzar:
    #JustWhitePeopleThings
  33. elzar @ elzar:
    Lol Zixler
  34. Fury @ Fury:
    Hello nigz
  35. Crooked @ Crooked:
    thats a thursday night for bogey
  36. Crazy @ Crazy:
    Sounds like the every day
  37. Zixler @ Zixler:
    #JustWhitePeopleThings
  38. Zixler @ Zixler:
    My host mom is a teacher for dyslexic kids, she told me a story in which a 2nd grader was planning to knock her down and rape her and when she gives a birth to a baby, he would kill her.
  39. xay @ xay:
    Texas is great for doing mexico shit #60rolls
  40. Fury @ Fury:
    @Crooked is now at the bar flexing his GG membership while drinking root beer
  41. Fury @ Fury:
    @Zixler, the summer is fuing hot
  42. Fury @ Fury:
    YAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAS
  43. Jameson THE Savage @ Jameson THE Savage:
    #thetakeover
  44. Crazy @ Crazy:
    That's T-shirt/shorts weather
  45. Crazy @ Crazy:
    What does texas get down to like 59?
  46. Zixler @ Zixler:
    @blake_won while you are on it, might as well rebrand to canadiangam3rs
  47. Zixler @ Zixler:
    I already can't the cold in Texas
  48. Zixler @ Zixler:
    ...If it wasn't so cold
  49. Zixler @ Zixler:
    I'd love to go to Canada
  50. elzar @ elzar:
    I love Canadian people. I wish I were Canadian

Jameson THE Savage

Reaction score
Short answer, we can't run servers because the community doesn't have a server box.

I've been brainstorming for the past two weeks, incorporating suggestions made by a number of members along the way. There is a plan ready to go to revive the community. The vision of what GirlGam3rs was supposed to be with a few twists. It's still achievable. However, things get complicated when we're talking ownership. Quite a few people expressed interest in taking over but after having discussed terms with a couple of them, neither seemed like the right fit.

They say power magnifies personality. That holds true, even in such a small community. People changing soon after they get authority has been a reoccurring theme.

The next owner has to have certain qualities or there is just no point. Is the person genuinely interested in running a community and helping it grow? Or are they just looking to run forum ads? (bang bang). Leadership qualities. Would they take responsibility for their choices and hold themselves accountable? Would they take initiative when the community lacks direction? Privacy concerns. Can they be trusted? Are they easy to work with?

What I'm trying to say is we can't repeat the same mistakes and expect different results. We've all seen the impact an incompetent owner can have on a community.

The good news is I'm in talks with someone who seems genuine. We see eye to eye on almost all the details. While he implied he wouldn't take a hands on approach, he recognizes the importance of upholding community rules. He's flexible, cooperative, I like what I see. I'll keep you up to date. I'm pretty confident we can roll out the carpet sooner rather than later barring an unexpected turn of events.

As for your idea, running a different server per season, :poop:
As long as it's not @MachOMan and his clown run servers where people shit on rules and don't receive a back hand for it. Actually surprised he found his balls and permed me. Kind of makes him look silly when he gives me admin/revokes it within 24 hours, bans me, and then perm bans me for shit talking to him. When admin can be given to any retard, most tend to favour themselves and aren't actually there to help the server. @blake_won please tell me you have more sense than this.

Funny enough, aside from kicking someone for alt-strafing/g strafing, whatever the fuck straving it's called, I did act on my admin powers with full service to the server, not just myself. Maybe I should be the owner of GG?

@Alexa
tenor.gif

blake_won

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll keep you up to date. I'm pretty confident we can roll out the carpet sooner rather than later barring an unexpected turn of events.
Unexpected turn of events it is. Unfortunately, a couple of days ago said person informed me he has to pull out of the agreement due to unforeseen circumstances. Understandbale, but a shame considering I've been waiting to hear back from him for the previous ten days or so, thus no progress has been made since.

21 Members Online

Servers

Latest Donations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorph_006