Harpoon Day and shop item

Shoutbox
  1. Jameson THE Savage @ Jameson THE Savage:
    Seeing as how we have a high Canadian population here, lets rise up and takeover shall we?
  2. Fury @ Fury:
    Lol you fast
  3. Crooked @ Crooked:
    :love:
  4. Fury @ Fury:
    Canadian likes
  5. Fury @ Fury:
    Done modafoka
  6. Fury @ Fury:
    COMIN
  7. Crooked @ Crooked:
    but you still dont like my memes :cry:
  8. Fury @ Fury:
    @Crooked I see you
  9. Fury @ Fury:
    Sucking dicks
  10. J @ josh:
    Hi all
  11. ws @ ws:
    how r u doing this evening
  12. ws @ ws:
    hello vin
  13. Vindictive @ Vindictive:
    hello wis
  14. ws @ ws:
    hello all
  15. Fury @ Fury:
    Ah, when I can dislike post from fonzie, but je cannot dislike mines, yaha motherfucker
  16. Fury @ Fury:
    Good aftermidnight-noon
  17. Fury @ Fury:
    Ok
  18. Tjay @ Tjay:
    dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead dead
  19. Jameson THE Savage @ Jameson THE Savage:
    lol can't argue with that
  20. Alexa @ Alexa:
    @Jameson THE Savage ya, we play the zombie game when we go out, and pretend everyone is zombies... so we kinda avoid the main beach cause people are dumb!
  21. Jameson THE Savage @ Jameson THE Savage:
    lol true. Although I was still surprised at how many people were on the boardwalk yesterday
  22. Alexa @ Alexa:
    @Jameson THE Savage ya, I usually prefer the secret beach since it's less crowded, but I realized right now, the whole beach is less crowded LOL
  23. Jameson THE Savage @ Jameson THE Savage:
    @Alexa I didn't go down to the bottom, but I'll definitely have to check it out more when the weather gets better. It's beautiful down there
  24. xay @ xay:
    I live in a river by elzar's van
  25. elzar @ elzar:
    I live in a van down by the river
  26. Alexa @ Alexa:
    @Jameson THE Savage oooh, down by secret beach! That's the best spot!!!
  27. Fury @ Fury:
    Everytime! Every fucking time fonzie tries to diss or be funny, you gotta roast him the perfect way possible!
  28. Fury @ Fury:
    Hahahahahahaha @Jameson THE Savage
  29. fonzie @ fonzie:
    thrust a glass shard into your fucking throat and twist it so you can experience excessive amounts of pain and then die
  30. xay @ xay:
    it is okay we dont accept pendejos in canuck-land
  31. fonzie @ fonzie:
    ill let you know when im looking for unexceptionals
  32. fonzie @ fonzie:
    canucks need not apply
  33. Pat Hiscock @ Pat Hiscock:
    snoid
  34. Jameson THE Savage @ Jameson THE Savage:
    Looking for someone to teach you how?
  35. fonzie @ fonzie:
    send me a private message here if you think you fit the bill
  36. fonzie @ fonzie:
    i am looking for exceptional humans
  37. Jameson THE Savage @ Jameson THE Savage:
    @Alexa I went jogging along the boardwalk. Ended up at the water plant
  38. Alexa @ Alexa:
    @Jameson THE Savage What you doing down there?!
  39. Pat Hiscock @ Pat Hiscock:
    @Foo your dad hits diff but you don't see me complaining
  40. ws @ ws:
    tfw no one plays stardew valley with u
  41. Crooked @ Crooked:
    basedfoobasedfoobasedfoobasedfoobasedfoobasedfoobasedfoo
  42. T @ thruman:
    do you happen to use discord?
  43. T @ thruman:
    @Foo take this W nig
  44. Foo @ Foo:
    ur mom hits diff
  45. Pat Hiscock @ Pat Hiscock:
    K rose hits differently
  46. T @ thruman:
    lmfao @xay
  47. xay @ xay:
    Highways must be nice to do mexico shit
  48. Jameson THE Savage @ Jameson THE Savage:
    Rode the wave - hypothermia
  49. T @ thruman:
    @Jameson THE Savage ride the wave my friend...ride the wave.
  50. T @ thruman:
    or just delete page 4.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzie

Luminary
Reaction score
I would like to see the addition of the special day known as Harpoon Day. It was one of the most popular special days played in the past and is very fun IMO.

If this goes through could you maybe also add a rebel-item Harpoon for 250 pts? Maybe shop limit of 2 or 3 if its too overpowered.

Thanks for reading, any and all feedback is appreciated.

blake_won

dominic

250 Club
Reaction score
this is really good idea i miss this alot,

goodnight i lvoe you

+1

Amer

Trust yourself.
Reaction score
+1, It will be a wonderful and beautiful 8)

Foo

🍀420 Club🍀
Vice Head Veteran
Reaction score
Harpoon shop items won't happen on this server, but the special day sounds fine
If we add ridiculously op items you can just throw were gonna turn into lgk where rebelling is easier than ever and new CTS stand no chance

Hunter

Reaction score
as the harpoon champion 5 years running +1
harpoon as an item in the shop is too overpowerd but so is chicken
so maybe limit it to 1 buy and 500 points

maffyoz

Reaction score
Fully agree with Foo Harpoons can be too OP
and as SD it will be good addition

woosh

Reaction score
Foo - the only reason why the harpoon is OP is because it can be glitch-thrown thru walls/cells/cage etc

if there's a way to make it so u can't glitch the harpoon it'd be a decent shop item because having to throw it at a ct without having to be behind a wall takes a certain amount of skill to predict moving patterns, timing, where ur leading the ct, the fact u have to avoid death, etc

u could make it an auto rebel item, put a limit on them, and make them 250-350 pts
and if it's too op, nerf it

the chicken is just as op as the glitch harpoon imo

i believe jailbreak should be centered around the prisoners fun first, then secondly the CTs as the CTs have structure already by having the job of containing/controlling the prisoners - and the vast majority of the time is enough fun doing so as it is.

i see you comparing this community to LgK's a lot and honestly it's kinda annoying because this community is no where near the toxicity level of LgK... not even on the same planet.

fonzie - harpoon day +1 for sure, and obviously i think the harpoon would be a good NEW addition to the shop menu if it is and can be coded correctly

woosh

Reaction score
Meant to edit the second to last run on sentence paragraph i typed by saying -

# 1 - that i was in the middle of lgk's toxic ways and left quickly as i realized how fucking toxic they were

# 2 - there are some toxic people in GG, as every community has them, but the ratio is 1:4323468239284^234234235263423

Mokujin

That one Black Kid
Reaction score
Harpoon day was a special day back in old AG if im not mistaken. And it wouldnt be that hard to implement into JB as you can just take it from TTT.
+1

fonzie

Luminary
Reaction score
Foo said:
Harpoon shop items won't happen on this server, but the special day sounds fine
If we add ridiculously op items you can just throw were gonna turn into lgk where rebelling is easier than ever and new CTS stand no chance
i dont see how much more overpowered it would be than the zeus since the zeus is also a 1-shot kill and can be EASILY landed at close quarters. the harpoon is actually more difficult to land since you would usually be more far away from the target given its range. limit 1 for 350? i think that would be more than fair.

Reaction score
the special day is great since i love dying to harpoons it being a shop item might be a problem maybe if the price were like 750 than it would be ok but other than that i'll give it a +0.8 since it's kinda cool but also has some heavy cons

Foo

🍀420 Club🍀
Vice Head Veteran
Reaction score
woosh said:
Foo - the only reason why the harpoon is OP is because it can be glitch-thrown thru walls/cells/cage etc

if there's a way to make it so u can't glitch the harpoon it'd be a decent shop item because having to throw it at a ct without having to be behind a wall takes a certain amount of skill to predict moving patterns, timing, where ur leading the ct, the fact u have to avoid death, etc

u could make it an auto rebel item, put a limit on them, and make them 250-350 pts
and if it's too op, nerf it

the chicken is just as op as the glitch harpoon imo

i believe jailbreak should be centered around the prisoners fun first, then secondly the CTs as the CTs have structure already by having the job of containing/controlling the prisoners - and the vast majority of the time is enough fun doing so as it is.

i see you comparing this community to LgK's a lot and honestly it's kinda annoying because this community is no where near the toxicity level of LgK... not even on the same planet.

fonzie - harpoon day +1 for sure, and obviously i think the harpoon would be a good NEW addition to the shop menu if it is and can be coded correctly
I'm not comparing to lgk based on Toxicity levels, I'm referring to how every shop item like corkscrew harpoon etc was never balanced, and as a result CTs cannot call days.
And I disagree. Jailbreak should not prioritize T fun over CT fun, that will just make nobody want to be CT and ruin the balance ( which can still be improved) that we established between difficulty of T vs CT gameplay.

woosh

Reaction score
Foo said:
I'm not comparing to lgk based on Toxicity levels, I'm referring to how every shop item like corkscrew harpoon etc was never balanced, and as a result CTs cannot call days.
And I disagree. Jailbreak should not prioritize T fun over CT fun, that will just make nobody want to be CT and ruin the balance ( which can still be improved) that we established between difficulty of T vs CT gameplay.
hmm that's weird because the server always has cts, but what do i know, i'm never there nor am i ever ct to know that apparently

and why even have a suggestion thread if any of the ideas you don't like get shot down? seems to me as if only the idea is fitting to you, do you accept it

anyways, this is just another item to throw into the mix for the 20+ terrorists (compared to only the 7 cts) so they can have more fun

and i'm not saying you are comparing just the toxicity levels, you make references to lgk in comparison to this community all the time, and i knew ur simple minded ass wouldnt take it as a compliment and take it as an insult when i was saying that you guys have built a better non toxic community

Foo

🍀420 Club🍀
Vice Head Veteran
Reaction score
"hmm that's weird because the server always has cts, but what do i know, i'm never there nor am i ever ct to know that apparently"
putting words in my mouth randomly
"and why even have a suggestion thread if any of the ideas you don't like get shot down? seems to me as if only the idea is fitting to you, do you accept it"
the suggestion thread is to post suggestions, thought that was clear from the get go. seems to me you're fabricating problems where there are none to begin with. If someone disagrees with your opinion, be a man and defend yourself, explaining why you disagree.
"anyways, this is just another item to throw into the mix for the 20+ terrorists (compared to only the 7 cts) so they can have more fun"
You seem to have completely ignored what I posted, explaining that both sides should have fun, not cater to people who rely on overpowered items to rebel.
"you make references to lgk in comparison to this community all the time, and i knew ur simple minded ass wouldnt take it as a compliment and take it as an insult when i was saying that you guys have built a better non toxic community"
In comparison? Not at all. It's called making an observation. It's good to see what doesn't work in a JB server, and stray from that in this server so we don't encounter the same problems others did. Harpoons as shop items do not work in a jb server, and I've witnessed it firsthand as a huge problem. Also where did I state that I took anything you said as an insult? Seems like you're simply projecting misguided anger for no reason, to avoid having to provide any remotely intelligent feedback.

Good suggestion, Harpoon Special day can easily be added. However Harpoons as shop items don't need to happen. However, since you're interested in the idea, let's possibly implement a new box reward that gives the player a harpoon, and see how that works out.
Locked :)

Jesse

Reaction score
Nobody's fun should be prioritized. Prisoners can have fun by attempting to rebel, using silly shop items, or actually following the commands and participating in the games that CTs come up with. CTs have fun by coming up with different ways to pit the prisoners against each other and kill the rebellers. That being said, if all prisoners can do is rebel and don't even have to attempt to follow commands cause they got OP items and unfair advantages, CTs fun goes away completely, and prisoner's fun begins to become repetitive and not as fun anymore in my experience. In fact, I'd prefer it if CTs could have the advantage since they're the main aspect of jailbreak and without good CTs, nobody would have fun. So as Foo said, these 2 aspects of jailbreak needs to be in balance, otherwise the server will die a slow and painful death.

As for the main topic, harpoon day sounds just fine and it'll be fun, but the harpoon item I'd say is a big no. Even without glitching, harpoon is a 1shot item at a distance. Sure, you have to aim it and hit it, but same thing goes for guns, except, you're not supposed to let a T have a gun, that's why the GUNROOM is restricted at all times. And there's no way to nerf harpoons, cause if it didn't oneshot it would be completely useless. I think the shop is OP enough as it is and we don't need another item to tip the balance to prisoner's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 Members Online

Servers

Latest Donations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorph_006